Thursday, February 7, 2008

The forgotten Metro

Chennai,formerly Madras..the capital of Tamilnadu..one of the four metropolitan cities in India..my hometown,is forgotten when it comes to music concerts.Iron maiden went to Banglore...Shakira went to Mumbai..and Chennai hosts Carnatic music.FUCK!(I am in no way against Classical music...but its just that its not my cup of tea.)No fuckin band pays a visit to the capital of Southern India.(I guess i can call it so).I don't see any reason that there won't be a sellout crowd if such a high profile concert is held.I am fuckin sure the band guys wont get their heads ripped off.Come on...please pay a goddamn visit.Somebody!Anybody!People have the impression of Chennai as a conservative city.I dont deny it.But,the thing is that the city has grown in a terrific manner(compared to other Indian metros)that Chennai has been able to balance the modern lifestyle and the conservative style so well.It has managed to retain its conservative image and thats no tag to suggest that its people have stuck on with old styles.It is undoubtedly,the most forgotten and the least popular Indian Metro.That's because its leading a silent life and yet making huge strides globally.There is no reason i can see why Chennai is being ignored in the music sector.
There are enough people here to appreciate good music at any cost!Please look down upon this city.

1 comment:

A said...

eveen my place cochin is forgotten