Thursday, August 9, 2007

The week that was

The past few days have passed rather quickly than expected...these few days have witnessed some activity..which has been rare in these extended-hols.Yes,this week also saw my birthday pass and that is probably the main reason for such a feeling of mine.I gave my birthday 'treat' to my friends yesterday....and the evening flied in a jiffy.The annual day function of the school i studied in,is being held tomorrow and i have been invited by the school to receive an award for my so-called "outstanding performance".The thing is...the school has invited all those who got full marks in at least one subject.I fortunately/unfortunately got 198/200(that's the maximum)..in Sanskrit!!(which was my 2nd language)...hence i have been invited.All those guys who didn't score any centums but managed to get pretty high marks will miss out on the award...and they can call themselves lucky/unlucky..whatever!Above all...tomorrow will be a day to remember...not because of this silly award...but it promises to be the day when i get to meet most of my friends after a long gap...as most of them are expected to come.Who knows!?!..it might even be the last time i meet some of them!

As,i have already said...this week had its fair share of activity...i didn't find enough time to blog in peace.Last Sunday,i witnessed the FA community shield match between Manchester United and Chelsea.
I must admit...that it was an evenly matched contest between the two new (relatively new)rivals.Though i am an ardent ManU fan...it was good to see some Chelsea guys to play with passion.I thought Wright Phillips and Mallouda excelled.It also gave me pleasure to realise that Giggs can still score goals.Rooney disappointed a bit but Ronaldo made up for it.Chelsea clearly missed their star-striker Drogba and i don't think Terry would have created an impact had he played.The two teams fought with heart and finally the Reds seeked revenge for their FA cup loss against the same team.Van der sar excelled in the shootout.The match meant only one big thing to me...both these teams are going to sweat it out this premiership.I am looking forward for the season to kick off(august 11)...and may be..some other team might spring a surprise.But,i feel that the only team capable of doing so is Liverpool...as it remains to be seen how Arsenal will fare without Henry.Will Reading continue its good run this season(they have lost their key player Sidwell to Chelsea)...which 3 teams will be relegated?All these and more will be answered in the season that is all set to unfold.


I am done with Jeffrey Archer's 'As the crow flies'...truly a very good novel worth reading.It is just an ordinary story of a man...but in the author's hands it becomes an epic journey.What book next?
I know i am missing something in my life...and i also know what it is.
I have never read 'The lord of the rings' nor have i seen any of the movies.I know...i know..laugh at me the best you can.I had earlier got the chance to watch the movies...but i insisted that i won't do so until i have read the books.Unfortunately..i never got the chance.I didn't want to buy the book as many of my friends had owned it..i wanted to borrow it for someone and i knew it was just a matter of time.

The english speaking world is divided into those who have read 'The lord of the rings' and those who are going to read them.

Finally...i am all set to make a transition from one world to another!

2 comments:

Kunal Malik said...

im commenting on the whole blog:

great work dude .. truly wonderful keep blogging !!

Vinodh said...

thanks mate!