Sunday, August 12, 2007

Piracy at its best

Wookay!I got the 'award' on the annual day of my former school...stop guessing what it was! I just got a certificate acknowledging my score in Sanskrit...and a kinda good -looking certificate folder...phew!I know...these school people are so dumb or they are so mean.Whatever.

I am watching almost every ball that is being bowled in the ongoing third test between India and England...and i must admit that Test matches generate more interest in me than ODI's or Twenty-20's.I am a specimen..i know..probably you can comment that i shouldn't belong to this age.But...i am sure every person who is passionate about this game of gentlemen will share my view...old or young.Mind you...i am not offending anyone! It was heartening to see India perform so well...and i can't think of any other result than a 2-0 series victory unless there is rain,as predicted..from today.Most of the English batsmen got off to a good start but failed to convert any of them.I don't blame them..but the credit should go to the Indian bowlers who picked wickets at regular intervals which their counterparts failed to do....and this has been the most important achievement of the Indian team in this tour.Just 2 or more days or perhaps even 1, left for India to celebrate what has been a remarkable feat.Sure enough...the choice for the 'Man of the series' is going to be a toughie....though i am confident that Anil bhai will grab the 'Man of the Match' award.

In my previous post i had failed to share with you about my visit to 'Burma bazaar' which can be described by any Chennaite as the primary capital for PIRACY in this city.From i-pods to perfumes....you can find anything which you can prefer to be pirated!You can lay your hands on items for an unbeleivable price and if you have some bargaining skills..you can get the product for half the price of what would be initially quoted! This was my first visit to the place...and the cause of my visit was again - Boredom.Yes! I felt so bored that i wanted to watch some movies...and i didn't want to visit any theatre as i have done so frequently in these damn holidays.So...i set out along with some friends to get hold of some pirated DVD's.Not many people would dare post such a visit...and nod that they do encourage piracy.But not me. I feel that it is extremely hard to demolish piracy in a nation like India where there are 2 classes of people living.It would take a few more years or even decades for the hand of liberalistion to cover the length and breadth of the nation.Until that happens...the state will more or less remain the same....only witnessing a gradual decrease in the customers for piracy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes... I too stand against piracy... but it really hurts to pick out a 500 rs note for a music CD... hehe... i think in a country like India, the prices of those gadgets should be lowered according to Indian avg living stndard to demolish piracy...