Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cheers to life!

25th July,2007...

9:00 am...
A faint light passed through to reach my pupil...i didn't realise what i was looking at. My eyes closed again...then i heard a voice shouting..."Vinodh....Vinodh.....i'm leaving...bye". I hadn't opened my eyes yet...i decided not to do so as the call for me was not-so-significant. The gravity acted upon my muscles, pulling on the line of my mouth,dragging on my cheek as if i was dead....but i was still asleep................

10:30 am....
I opened my eyes to the fullest now...quickly turned around to look at the clock...the two hands of the clock were displaced by 120 degrees...the time was 10:30 in the morning...slowly i kept my feet on the floor and stepped out of the room and into the "You-know-where". As i brushed my teeth..i remembered that i was supposed to have a hair-cut that day...but i decided against it as i thought it was too late. (I usually leave for that by 9). I realised what had happened earlier that day. My father had been trying to wake me up as he left to work. But all he could manage was open my eyelids for a second.
Then how did i know the time?? Well...this is my daily ritual..i know when my dad leaves to office.
I came to the hall to see my grandfather still reading the newspaper (rather examining..)...went into the kitchen and picked up my mug which had cold coffee. I began to heat it...i like it hot..as does anyone else. My mother used to do these stuff...but now she wasn't there...she has gone to visit my sister living in the United kingdom.
My sister is a pregnant and is expected to become a mom anytime now...it might even be today...i am eagerly waiting to hear good news. With my cup of coffee in hand..i scooped up the newspaper in my other hand(Grandpa was reading the supplement..Metroplus) and walked back into my room...and switched on the computer.

12 noon...
I was still in front of the computer with my orkut homepage looking at me...i usually don't have any breakfast..its early lunch over here. So i went to the dining hall to have lunch...switched on the TV..and i ate as i watched Mtv. It was 1 when the program got over...and i hopped back to sit in front of the computer.

2 pm...
It started boring for me..i decided that it was time for my bath..had it immediately..and again came back to the old place. I began reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'..(I have the entire newspaper editions of it from 1985-95) which had been stored in my PC. Time flew...

4 pm...
It was time to go out and play football...so i started pedalling my way to the ground..it was 4:15 by then..no one had come yet...so i went to my friend's house which was nearby(apparently..his name was also Vinod). There i saw most of the guys sitting and watching 'Mr.Bean'...i joined them...Then we left to play @ 5. Unusually not many people had come to play...so we were just kicking the ball around..shooting at the goal-keeper. Time flew...It was 6:45...i started on my way back home.

7 pm...
I reached home by 7...decided it was high time that i watered the plants in my garden..did so. I was hungry after i finished the job..quickly decided that i had to eat something...went to a nearby fast-food centre and had 'Pav-bhaji'. I came back home...and logged on again..i was beginning to get bored of the Cyber-world..

9 pm...
My dad had returned at about 8...he had hot 'samosas' waiting for him. Then...i switched on the TV again..started watching a movie called 'The Net' which was telecast on HBO...it was 11:15 when it ended. Meanwhile..i had logged on again during breaks..and had had my dinner at around 10:30...at 11..my father went to bed. I wanted to do the same...but i couldn't even think of it...there was no sign of me sleeping yet.

11:30 pm...
I continued reading 'Clear and present danger' by Tom clancy...i have been doing this for the past week (i skipped reading it for 2 days when it was time for 'Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows')...it was a half hour past midnight when i finally went to bed.

No comments: