Monday, March 16, 2009

Move on...

People who know me, know that I am a huge Manchester United fan.I choose to post my love and views on the team not a day after they lift yet another silverware but after a humbling and a cruel defeat against our most bitter rivals.

Saturday 14th March 2009
Score: Manchester United 1 - Liverpool 4
I thought we were still in the game after being 2-1 down.United were pressing hard for a goal.They looked dominating.But,against this Liverpool side,it was a dangerous ploy.They left the defense unguarded and the Scousers were lethal on the counter-attack.The heart of United's defense this season - Nemanja Vidic committed a rare second mistake of the day that earned him a straight red.No arguments.
If there’s any justice, Nemanja Vidic will win the Footballer of the Year award.I hope and pray that this one match not decide the prize.
It was time for the Liverpool fans to celebrate.I could see a lot of empty red chairs on the stadium much before the final whistle.I don't remember the last time i saw that.I received plenty of insulting messages from my Man-United hater friends.I pity them.They don't look at the larger picture.United are in front by 4 points with a game in hand.Potentially it could well be a 7 point lead with 9 games to go.Inter Milan are in a similar position in the Serie A and Jose Mourinho has already declared that they have won the Scudetto.But,even more pity goes out to the Fulham players who are to face the devils next Saturday.What backlash they could face remains to be seen.It’s just a shame the game isn’t on Tuesday or Wednesday because a week is an awful long time to wait to get that defeat out of the system.
It will still be difficult to get this defeat out of the system if United were to lift an 18th championship trophy in May.Sir Alex was calm and thoughtful in his post match interview.He was already talking about their response.

Whatever be the magnitude of the response,the Manchester United community would want an early revenge.When the Champions League draw is made this Friday, we would know if we had got that chance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya i pity FULHAM!!! or do i???;)